Wednesday 11 June 2008

Watching for the Break

„Помнишь, где ты сломал свою судьбу?‟

I have finally caught up with the Russian sequel Daywatch or Дневной дозор and a line leaps out at me. It stops me in my tracks. It is a question I have been asking myself now, for the best part of a year. Do I remember where I broke my destiny? Not yet, but I am perhaps starting to see.
Could things be about to turn? Is my dark night moving into the light, my year of pain and lack shifting to brighter times? Well, no surprise to see there is a card in the road to tell me how things are.
It's the Three of Diamonds today, or Three of Pentacles, as they would be in the Tarot. More appropriate it could not be. "It signifies a business proposal or undertaking," one of my many guides says. "Everybody has periods when things go terribly wrong, bad luck, lack of money, disputes and separations... The period of such a run of misfortune is usually three months or three years... So, if you have experienced such a period, take heart if the three of Pentacles turns up... for it can signify that such a period is coming to an end."
Fingers crossed! By the way, while looking for a good image to use, I stumbled on this fabulous new Tarot. It is a magnificent piece of work, I must say, full of dark Victorian fantasies, M.R. Jamesian horrors, Doré-esque fantasies, Fading Away fey, opium dreams and the roots of Ur-Goth, but I shall respect their wishes not to hotlink and instead leave you to discover its delights for yourselves:
http://www.bohemiangothic.com

No comments: